In the evolutionary timescale, humanity came on the scene about 100,000 to 400,000 years ago, depending on who you ask. But the Bible seems to record an entirely different chronology. Is there any evidence—biblical or otherwise—that mankind is only around 6,000 years old? In this lesson we’re taking a biblical look at how we can know the universe was created by God only around 6,000 years ago. The Bible gives a strict chronology of human history, and that’s our subject matter for today.
In this lesson, you’ll learn:
- Why “day,” in Genesis 1, means a literal solar day.
- Why the order of creation is a huge stumbling block for those accept a “deep time” view of Genesis.
- How the Genesis 5 and 11 genealogies convey a strict chronology of human history.
Mentioned in this lesson:
- Searching for Adam: Genesis & the Truth About Man’s Origin
- Dr. Terry Mortenson
- Why Didn’t God Give the Light Source for Creation Days 1-3?
- Responding to an Old Earth Argument: Are the Days in Genesis Actually Long Ages?
- TCA Lesson 015: Observational Failures in Radioisotope Dating Methods
Thanks so much for listening. Please subscribe and share on iTunes!
Also, please consider donating to the ministry on Patreon. God Bless!