In this lesson, we continue our series on the 2018 ICC. The last portion of the podcast is dedicated to discussing Spencer’s paper on planet migration, but first, we discuss the issue of cratering and Earth/solar system impacts with none than Wayne Spencer himself! This was quite a fruitful discussion covering lots of ground, so you certainly don’t want to miss it.
In this lesson, you’ll learn:
- What effects meteor impacts tend to have on the earth, and why we’ve no scientific reason to think the Earth has experienced millions of years of devastating bombardment.
- Danny Faulkner’s Day-Four Cratering Hypothesis and what it offers to creation research in this category.
- How the secular model of our solar system’s origin may actually help us understand the process behind God’s creating the universe in more understandable terms.
- Why we should think that most cratering on the earth took place during the flood, and the probabilistic certainly that the Ark would not have been devastated by such an event.
- How two relatively new models for the origin of our solar system cannot explain the origin of solar system, but do in fact point to the hypothesis of intelligent design.
Mentioned in this lesson:
Geophysical Effects of Impacts During the Genesis Flood — Wayne Spencer
Catastrophic Impact Bombardment Surrounding the Genesis Flood — Wayne Spencer
Interpreting Craters in Terms of the Day Four Cratering Hypothesis — Dr. Danny Faulkner
Evaluating The Day Four Cratering Hypothesis — Wayne Spencer
The Proposed Origin of Our Solar System with Planet Migration — Wayne Spencer
Thanks so much for listening. Please subscribe and share on Apple Podcasts!
Also, please consider donating to become a financial Partner of the ministry. God Bless!