There is an unfortunate and disturbing trend amongst evangelicals today. In a world where some of the leading atheist philosophers and even many mainstream scientists are retreating from the idea of biological evolution over millions of years, much of the church has begun to accept it. Along with this acceptance comes a very dangerous trade-off: the existence of a historical Adam and Eve according to the clear teaching of Genesis. Scholars have made provision to allegorize away these “uncomfortable” parts of the Bible, and as a result, many have taken the inch and traveled a mile by changing God’s Word to accept what they think it ought to say about our origins, sin, and a whole host of other issues. This new series, the Biblical Origin of Humanity, will tackle this issue and delve into the Biblical, historical, scientific, and cultural evidence for Adam.
In this lesson, you’ll learn:
- The premise of this series and our textbook, Searching for Adam.
- What you can expect to learn from this series.
- Why we must approach this debate with grace and intellectual honesty.
Mentioned in this lesson:
- Dr. Terry Mortenson, Ph.D.
- Answers in Genesis
- Searching for Adam: Genesis & the Truth About Man’s Origin
- Are Origins a Question of Science, or Philosophy?
Thanks so much for listening. Please subscribe and share on iTunes!
Also, please consider donating to the ministry on Patreon. God Bless!